For those of you who are unfamiliar with Fiverr, the concept is easy. Everything sold on the site is worth $5. Some sellers have additional options for added cost but they must all offer a purchase option for $5. What can you get?
Well, more than I could ever list here, among it:
- Graphic design (logos, vectors, drawings, sketches)
- Copywriting (entire articles, creative writing, blog posts)
- Programming (help in coding, WordPress optimization, fix bugs)
- Music, audio and video (spoken reviews, music pieces, compositions)
- And the list goes on… and on… and on.
Successful Fiverr sellers are raking in the big bucks, some are even making enough to quit their jobs and focus on this full time. While some less successful sellers make just a few dollars a month, there are others literally earning thousands of dollars per year just from their Fiverr gigs!
Let’s learn from them! What are they doing right that you can, too?
Offer an easy product or service
What do I mean by an ‘easy’ product? Well, you’re only making a few dollars (about $3.92 after commissions and Paypal charges), so in order to be successful, you need to offer something that is easy for you to do, fast, and costs almost nothing to provide.
Additionally, if it’s something that you can do over and over again using for example, the same template every time, it will allow you to be quick and efficient.
Here are a few ideas of gigs that are easy, quick and similar to make every time:
- Logos – especially those that can be made with logo creating software
- Templates – require small changes in text, images, or colors
- Videos – have your video camera and set-up always ready
- Facebook/Twitter/social media promotions – easy and fast
- Translating – especially if you are fast and limit the number of words
- Ebooks – you already wrote it, now sell it for $5!
- Lists – they can be ready to send out upon purchase (i.e. a list of contacts or websites)
- Sketches – if you’re a talented sketch artist, of course.
Climb up the Fiverr levels
After making some sales and receiving great ratings from happy buyers, you will progress in your ‘level’ in Fiverr. The higher your level, the more advanced services and income you can generate. You will have the option of adding extra selling tools or ‘gig extras’ at certain prices.
For example, say you were charging $5 for a sketch before. Now you can charge $5 for the sketch, but the colored version will cost an additional $10… whoopee! You can make $15 off one sale.
Every new level will allow you to charge more for certain services and add-ons, but the maximum additional charge you can add as an extra is $100.
Make sure to offer great add-ons that will add value to your gig and be attractive to the buyer!
Market your gig correctly
First and foremost, make sure that your gig has a great image or video that represents what you sell and is attractive to the buyer, who is looking through hundreds of gigs. Window shopping is a big component of Fiverr, and you need to ensure that your gig stands out from the rest.
When it comes to external marketing, find ways to promote your service or product, whether online or offline. As an idea, you can try to offer freebies of your gig to webmasters, tweeters, or influential people in exchange for promotions, tweets, and so on.
Alternatively, you could just send them a gift without requesting an exchange but rather, hoping that they will send you a shout-out for the gift and mention your gig to your followers.
You can also tell friends, family and other contacts about your gig. Even a few purchases will help you go up in level and increase likelihood of being hired by others!
Have you ever bought or sold anything on Fiverr? We would love to hear your feedback, thoughts or tips!